Join OPUS Hotel Vancouver
Want In? Join the dynamic team at OPUS Hotel Vancouver.
Charming, hospitable, stylish and cosmopolitan. That's how our guests describe us, and that's how we describe our employees. At OPUS Hotel Vancouver, we look for teammates who bring passion, energy and focus to their work. We typically hire people who are outgoing, flexible, have a great attitude and work ethic, and who genuinely enjoy helping guests. If you're looking for a challenging and exciting job opportunity in a fun environment, consider the following positions that are currently available. We offer premium benefits, competitive pay and industry perks.
Sales Manager - Entertainment & Social
Job Summary: The Sales Manager will be responsible for meeting & exceeding Opus Hotel’s budgeted revenue and expenditure goals. The focus on this role will be a close working relationship with OPUS’ current and prospective entertainment and social accounts in the group & IT markets.
Reports to: Director of Sales & Marketing
Type of Employment: This position is a full-time permanent position.
• Source, solicit and qualify group and IT business within OPUS Hotel’s local and national clients through sales activities focusing on; entertainment accounts (production companies, ad agencies within the commercial production, feature film, and television series markets). This includes executives and influencers who book both individual and group travel into Vancouver.
• Source, solicit and qualify group business within OPUS Hotel’s local and national clients through sales activities focusing on; social accounts (wedding venues, private function venues, bachelor/bachelorette groups). This includes newly announced wedding couples, executives and influencers who book wedding’s and/or social functions at private venues in the Vancouver area.
• Solicit and complete RFP’s for prospective groups and individual corporate/business travel accounts.
• Business travel up to 2–4 times per year
• Build awareness and secure business through telemarketing, sales calls, direct mail, presentations, client entertainment, networking and event attendance.
• Meet or exceed established revenue, activity and expenditure goals.
• Negotiate group and IT proposals and contracts and present to clients, while balancing the interests of the hotel and it’s owners.
• Conduct Presentations and site inspections on OPUS Hotel to Travel Managers, Travel agencies, bookers and other influencers within the entertainment & social markets.
• Act as on-site contact for clients, meeting planners, travel agents and guests staying within the entertainment and social markets. Liaise with applicable hotel departments to ensure all group and VIP traveler needs are met.
• Maximize use of onsite function space and food and beverage outlets through booking meetings and events.
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients and prospects within the entertainment and local social market community to drive business.
• Participate in the conception and execution of sales and marketing initiatives, including prospecting, blitzes, sales calls, site inspections, presentations, entertainment and client events.
• Contribute to the planning and execution of the annual sales and marketing plan.
• Support and demonstrate the philosophy of Opus Hotel.
• Demonstrate a positive role model image, adhering to Opus Hotel standards, attitude, grooming and conduct.
• Candidates should have previous experience in sales. Whereas sales experience in luxury goods and specifically luxury hotel sales will be considered a strong asset.
• Candidates with experience in sales to the local and US film & entertainment market will be considered a strong asset.
• A network of contacts within the local & US film & entertainment and social (wedding/celebration) markets would be considered a strong asset.
• Resourcefulness, initiative and high energy are essential.
• Candidate must be highly professional and well-groomed and must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• The ability to multi-task, to work well under minimal supervision and to function effectively within a small team environment are critical.
• Candidate must be highly driven, organized, detail-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Candidate will entertain clients during off-business hours (Evenings and Weekends).
• A university degree or equivalent, preferably in marketing or hospitality management, is preferred.
Qualified candidates should forward resume and cover letter in confidence to:
OPUS Hotel Vancouver would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. Please note, however, that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. This position is open to all candidates able to work in Canada.