Join OPUS Hotel Vancouver
Want In? Join the dynamic team at OPUS Hotel Vancouver.
Charming, hospitable, stylish and cosmopolitan. That's how our guests describe us, and that's how we describe our employees. At OPUS Hotel Vancouver, we look for teammates who bring passion, energy and focus to their work. We typically hire people who are outgoing, flexible, have a great attitude and work ethic, and who genuinely enjoy helping guests. If you're looking for a challenging and exciting job opportunity in a fun environment, consider the following positions that are currently available. We offer premium benefits, competitive pay and industry perks.
Full Time Room Attendant
Servicing guest rooms, housekeeping requests and responsible for providing the OPUS brand level of service.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service
- Service a set number of rooms during a shift
- Oversee the following tasks upon servicing a room: dusting, bed-making, linen removal, linen retrieval, vacuuming, washroom maintenance/cleaning, window cleaning, replenishment of room supplies
- Update the record of cleaned rooms
- Report necessary maintenance requests to MOD
- Follow all company safety policies
- Abide by all company sanitation policies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Contribute an energetic and positive attitude to the Hotel atmosphere. Focus will be on attention to detail, and consistently performing at a high level of service in the variety of tasks being performed. Flexibility and teamwork will be important attributes for a successful candidate. Candidate must also be able to stand, walk, kneel, push, and pull throughout shift, in addition to carrying and lifting up to 30lbs.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. OPUS is unable to assist candidates in obtaining work authorization.
Room Service and Banquet Supervisor
Foremost will be responsible for providing world-class service and overseeing the upholding of that standard within the Room Service/Banquet department. Will also be responsible for the training and scheduling of staff, ordering stock for room service and banquets, and for the delivery and presentation of food and beverage orders to guests in a timely and professional manner. Additionally, will be responsible for the preparation and delivery of guest amenities and lead the setup, tear down, and service of banquet functions.
- Act as a liaison between Sales and Operations
- Train, support, and schedule staff
- Maintain POS (input product codes and maintain amenity ledger)
- Restock amenities for room service, banquet inventory and place orders when needed
- Ensure the room service area is prepared and fully stocked when beginning and completing shift
- Prepare and deliver in-room gift and food amenitiesService and deliver any added value services the hotel offers for guests
- Setup/tear down and the service banquet functionsEnsure all trays and carts are picked up when requested, cleaned, and reset
- Ensure the banquet and room service storage area is always well organized and stocked
- Assist with other departments including bell services and housekeeping when needed
- Contribute an energetic and positive attitude to overall atmosphere
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere. This person must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on providing a high level of professional and friendly service to each guest. Serving it Right and Food Safe program certificates are requirements. This person should be able to work unsupervised and be able to manage time wisely and take initiative. Candidates will be required to have a firm understanding of food and beverage procedures as well as a solid knowledge of menu items and service standards.
Candidate must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends Supervising and banquet experience is a must!