OPUS in the Community...
As an independent boutique hotel, we aim to support various local non-profits and community-wide initiatives. OPUS values our community connections, and strives to make a small difference in the lives of those who need it. Since 2002, OPUS has committed to give to select non-profits both in the community and abroad.
Causes Close to our Heart
Covenant House Yaletown helps youth aged 16 - 24 who have fled physical, emotional and/or sexual abuse, those who have been forced from their homes or those who have aged out of foster care.
At OPUS Vancouver, we not only believe every person should have equal rights, we embrace the opportunity to bring awareness and support to the LGBTTQ community. We're a proud sponsor of the Vancouver Queer Film Festival, and a long-standing member of both TAG and IGLTA. We've also been awarded Editor's Choice by Man About World. Read about our commitment to equality here.
Other charitable recipients include:
- UNICEF Canada
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Victoria Hospital Foundation
- Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation
- Vipond Charity Golf Classic
- Vancouver Aquarium
- St. Anthony's School
- Burnaby Association for Community Inclusion
- First United Church
- UBC United Way Campaign
- Island Breaststrokers
- BC Women's Hospital Foundation
- Olive Crest
- Vancouver Tourism Awards
- Ronald McDonald House BC
- Out In Schools
OPUS + The Environment = A committed, sustainable relationship.
We're not just friendly to our guests, we strive to be earth-friendly as well. To that end, we’ve undertaken the following initiatives to minimize our environmental impact and be responsible green citizens.
- Founding member of the Green Table Network, an initiative to reduce waste, recycle, conserve water and energy and use fewer pollutants in hotel and restaurant kitchens.
- First hotel in Vancouver to use FORTIS renewable natural gas as a green energy source
- Use of regional, organically grown and in-season food products where possible, lessening imports and supporting local, sustainable producers.
- Offering complimentary valet parking for all guests driving hybrid vehicles.
- Reducing plastics in all guestrooms by offering filtered water in glass carafes as part of turn down service.
- Energy efficient thermostats, lighting and timers and heat reflective window film in common areas.
- Use of biodegradable chemicals and cleaning products and minimal use of solvents.
- Phasing out of CFCs and ozone-depleting aerosols.
- Phasing out plastic materials and replacing them with recyclable materials.