OPUS + The Environment = A committed, sustainable relationship.
We're not just friendly to our guests, we strive to be earth-friendly as well. To that end, we’ve undertaken the following initiatives to minimize our environmental impact and be responsible green citizens.
- Founding member of the Green Table Network, an initiative to reduce waste, recycle, conserve water and energy and use fewer pollutants in hotel and restaurant kitchens.
- First hotel in Vancouver to use FORTIS renewable natural gas as a green energy source
- Participants in the Vancouver Aquarium's Ocean Wise program to encourage sustainable seafood options on restaurant menus.
- Use of regional, organically grown and in-season food products where possible, lessening imports and supporting local, sustainable producers.
- Offering complimentary valet parking for all guests driving hybrid vehicles.
- Reducing plastics in all guestrooms by offering filtered water in glass carafes as part of turn down service.
- Recycling of plastic, glass and paper products.
- Energy efficient thermostats, lighting and timers and heat reflective window film in common areas.
- Use of biodegradable chemicals and cleaning products and minimal use of solvents.
- Phasing out of CFCs and ozone-depleting aerosols.
- Phasing out plastic materials and replacing them with recyclable materials.
- Increased staff awareness and training.
As a guest of our boutique hotel in Vancouver, you can help:
- Follow the "Green Card" instructions in your room and reuse towels and linens where possible.
- Use bath amenities until finished and take open containers home with you.
- When leaving your room, turn off the lights, television, stereo and thermostat.
- Use the in-room recycle bin for all bottles, cans and paper.